Welcome!

Welcome to the Reading Sisters Book Club!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

April's Book Choice


Hey Everybody! I have to start by telling you that this small idea I had to start a book club; has grown into a wonderful group filled with amazing women. It has been such a blessing to see you enjoying it as much as I have. It will be a lot of fun as the months roll by and we get to read & experience all of these wonderful books. Every woman's heart is filled with a passion for many things and this gives a glimpse into what you're passionate about, find fun, inspired by, or want to learn more about. I asked Heather Shirley to pick April's read. She picked, "Shades of Blue" by Karen Kingsbury.  I'm looking forward to grabbing a copy and hope to begin my reading journey soon. If you would like money saving tips on buying books check out earlier blogs that I posted. One idea is to find a buddy in the group and take turns purchasing and sharing books. Have a wonderful day and I hope to see you tonight!!!

Karen Kingsbury - Shades of Blue

1 comment:

Heather said...

Stacy asked me to share why I chose this book. I'm not sure if any of you have heard the Casting Crowns' song, "Does Anybody Hear Her," but this story made me think of that song. It's about a broken woman and man who made a bad choice when they were young. They lived many years with that secret eating away at them. This story is about asking for God's forgiveness and forgiving yourself and others. It shows how important it is to deal with your problems and not try to bury them in the past. I also felt this story would help me better understand women who are suffering with that decision they made. I wish I could share more reasons.... but I don't want to give away the story. I'll share more at the next meeting. I hope this book has an impact on you like it did for me. I hope it opens your eyes in a new way you can minister to others and show them how God can restore them and make them whole again. Enjoy your read, I look forward to meeting with you back at the Bridge. :)